Skip to main content

2015 High Falls Film Festival

Happygram – with Director Q&A

Directed by Julie Marron

USA / Documentary Feature Film / 1 hour 40 mins / English

Watch Trailer Watch Trailer
Happygram

The Little Theatre - #5
Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Description

Director Julie Marron will join us to conduct Q&A with the audience after the screening.

 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”

  — Stephen Hawking

 Many women are given the illusion of knowledge when they receive their yearly letter announcing the results of their mammogram — but the reality is mammograms only “work” for 60 percent of women. So, what about the other 40 percent? This riveting documentary tells the story of the fight to accurately inform women about their cancer screening. It’s difficult to imagine that there could be a debate among legislators and the medical community over whether or not to give women vital information that could save their lives.

Synopsis written by Laurie Collward

 

Tickets are no longer available online. We have plenty of tickets which will be available at the Little Theatre #2-5 Box Office beginning at 5:30pm.

 

 

Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.07.06 AMOur community partner for Happygram is the Breast Cancer Coalition of the Rochester Click to learn about BCCR

 

 


Director's Bio

Happygram, Julie’s first feature length documentay is the culmination of several years of research into the issue of informed consent in medice, specifically in the area of cancer testing.

Julie is a former consultant working with organizations across several industries including healthcare and financial services.

She currently lives with her family in Rhode Island.


Dates & Times

Happygram

The Little Theatre - #5
Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:30 pm