Submit a Feature Length Film
Feature Length Films (over 30 minutes, less than 150 minutes)
We welcome films targeted to an adult audience. All films must be made by, or feature, women in a strong leading role, or films that focus on women and their life experiences. Preference will be given to films made by women in a leadership role(s); including director, screenplay writer, producer, cinematographer, etc. All genres including live action narrative, live action documentary, animation, experimental, hybrid, etc. may be submitted.
- Early-bird: April 29, 2019 – Fee $45
- Regular: July 15, 2019 – Fee: $60
- Late: August 10, 2019 – Fee: $65
- Extended Late: August 31, 2019 – Fee: $80
Awards for Feature length films:
Audience Choice Awards are given for BEST NARRATIVE and BEST DOCUMENTARY. Awards will also be given for BEST DIRECTOR and BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER in both Narrative and Documentary categories as selected by the Programming Committee. The Therese DePrez Award will be given for OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION DESIGN.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Narrative or documentary form.
- Film must be made by at least one woman in a leadership role: Director, Writer, Executive Producer, Producer have preference. Woman cinematographer and/or editor will be considered.
- Strongly suggest that all submissions be completed through Film Freeway. That makes it easiest for our programming committee. Alternately, we will accept a mailed DVD screener, but it must be accompanied by a check, entry form and return self-addressed envelope if you would like the DVD returned. We will also accept a Vimeo link along with a check and a complete entry form. Please email for mailing instructions.
- All possible care will be taken in the handling of entries. However, the Festival cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to entries while they are in our possession or in transit.
- No honorarium available.
- No works-in-progress please.
- If selected the festival requires a Blu-ray or DCP file for exhibition. We do not accept DVD format for screening.
For more information, contact Programming Chair Malcolm Spaull – firstname.lastname@example.org